We are currently seeking a Field Technician responsible for the timely delivery and deployment of the robots. You will support the Project manager on project delivery, deployment and after sales support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Configure and prepare robots for deployment at customer sites
● Provide support for in-house, on-site, and/or remote troubleshooting, repairs and support of equipment with the ability to make quick and accurate decisions regarding service status of on-field robots and advise on next course of action, whenever necessary
● Exercise flexibility at work such as to travel to customer sites on short notice and/or to work within the customer work environment and hours, together with night shifts whenever necessary
● Getting hands and feet dirty: lying on ground to attend to mechanical faults and issues of robots, changing of spare parts, and general maintenance and overhaul of the robot
● Work with the Operations Team Lead and/or related supervisor(s) to identify individual training needs to maintain and continuously improve skills and knowledge
● Process: Follow the defined workflow and procedure
● Preventive Maintenance: Perform simple robot mechanical preventive maintenance
● Continual Improvement: provide useful feedback and idea to the engineering team to improve quality, reliability, and efficiency.
● Minimum of a high school diploma with 3 years of experience as a field service technician. A polytechnic diploma with experience would be preferred.
● Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical, and/or electronic prints and other related technical documentation
● Knowledge of the fundamentals of customer service for phone and face-to-face contact with customers
● Computer literate and with basic networking skills (LAN/WAN)
● Meticulous, organized and able to keep tight timelines with good communication and presentation skills
● Professional communication, attitude, and image
● Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision
● Strong work ethic and good problem-solving skills
● Ability to travel domestically and internationally with minimal notice
● Valid driver’s license required
● Ability to push, pull and lift 50 pounds. Ability to kneel, crouch and stoop. Ability to reach above and below the shoulders. Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull.
Ability to climb ladder and work above ground. Walking and stair climbing.